An Experience Modification Rate(EMR), is based on a company's workers compensation insurance history. The lower the historical injury rate, the lower the EMR & the better the score. With the baseline national average at 1.0, Argo's EMR is .82, low for the industry. Argo Building Company, Inc. is committed to the safety of our job sites, our employees, our subcontractors and our client's personnel. This is an ongoing process that includes the implementation of all current OSHA and DHS standards as well as "common sense" practices that have been developed during our 37 years in the construction industry. Each superintendent and project manager is directly responsible for the safety of his or her job site and available to address any safety issues that may be present immediately after they are recognized.
Argo Building is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
- Ability to build square, level and plumb a specific project task using basic carpentry tools.
- Follow established job site safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Ability to read construction documents and build a specific task with those provided documents.
- Knowledge of how to build safety provisions, including but not limited to: Scaffolding, Gang Ladders, Perimeter railings and Fall Protection, Temporary Covers, etc.Ability to install interior finish items, including but not limited to: Wall protection, Doors & Hardware, Toilet Accessories, Cubicle Curtain Track, TV Brackets, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of different types of carpentry tools and how to use them safely. e.g. Saws (Band, circular, jig, reciprocating, chop, compound miter, etc.), Drills (Electric, Cordless, Hammer, etc.), and cutting torches
- Thorough knowledge and ability to self-perform concrete (Including but not limited to: Layout (set builders level), batter boards, use excavation, placing reinforcing steel, setting form systems, building form systems, setting embeds, etc.)
- Ability to identify and request (If not provided) any and all PPE necessary to perform tasks prior to starting task.
- The ability to plan and execute your work to provide the highest efficiency possible.
- Insuring you have the proper tools and materials to perform the task or project.
- Thorough knowledge and ability to run basic equipment, including but not limited to: back-hoe, skid steer, tractor, etc.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) Preferred
- Experience – A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a carpenter helper required. Previous experience in hospital construction preferred.
- Communication Skills – Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The ability to listen to and understand information, ideas, direction and then be able to perform the task or project discussed. Also, to be able to ask questions to insure you understand the information given.
- Problem recognition---Be it a safety problem or potential hazard and notifying your immediate supervisor to recognizing problems in the drawings, document, or sketch you have been given for a task.
- Provide and maintain general hand tools including : Tool belt/box, Hammers, tape measures, hand levels, squares, chalk lines, plumb bob, tie wire reel, screw drivers, pliers, etc
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Construct, repair and maintain permanent and temporary structures as directed by Argo Building Company using both hand and power tools. Position will report to manager as assigned by Argo Building Company Superintendent.
- Experience with door and hardware installation a plus.
Argo Building Company is an EOE M/F/V/D
Construction SuperintendentJob Summary
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-site activities. Maintains the job sited office and closes out projects. Reports to Vice President.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Schedules inspections and subcontractors as necessary throughout the process.
- Understands the project plans and specifications.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees.
- Prepares, schedules and supervises completion of final punch list.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office, files, and submittals.
- Maintain, protect, and manage Argo equipment, tools and material.
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Tools: Understanding of how to use tools of the construction trade.
Education and Experience
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of commercial construction.
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.